The organizers of Social Media Camp 2012 – Canada’s largest Social Media event, are producing a smaller Workshop Series for cities around British Columbia.
These are intended for people who are getting started with social media, particularly in a professional capacity (i.e. business, non-profits, professionals, government). A full-day Kamloops workshop featuring 4 speakers will be held this Thursday, February 9th – 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m..
The whole day event is regularly priced at $99 (+HST), however Social Media Camp are offering Peaks Media Inc. clients a discounted rate of 25% OFF.
Ready to learn or improve your social media skills? This workshop series is for you, featuring 6 hours of training, including:
- Social Media 101 by Paul Holmes – Learning the tools and strategies for success, and learn about what’s on the horizon and how this might affect your business. Topics include Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, LinkedIn, Flickr, YouTube, Foursquare and Google+.
- Social Media Strategy by Chris Burdge – You’ve heard from everyone that you should be on social media. What they don’t tell you is what comes next or why you should be there. In this session we’ll explore some potential social media strategies, help you create a strategy for your business including how to track and measure success as well as manage your time online.
- Maximizing Twitter by Kazia Mullin – Twitter is an excellent tool for expanding your network. Learn strategies to find and connect with people, and effectively promote your business.
- Maximizing Facebook by Chris Burdge – How to use Facebook to grow your business, including setting up an effective business page, custom tabs and how to run a successful Facebook contest.
- Conference Materials: you will receive copies of all the workshop materials along with step-by-step guidelines for using the techniques you just learned